A new underground car park opened this summer on Route de la piscine at Port Hercule, in time for the opening of the new site hosting the Prince's classic car collection.
The new car park has been named Louis
Chiron, in honour of the Monegasque Formula 1 driver who competed in 15 Grands Prix between 1950 and 1955. Located on Route de la piscine by the north quay of Port Hercule – on the Formula 1 circuit – the car park opened on 8 July, in time for the official opening of the new site that now houses the Prince's class car collection and the expansion of the esplanade on Boulevard Albert Ier.
The Louis Chiron car park has a total of 175 parking spaces, occupying 7,000 m² of space in the city centre, across three underground levels in addition to the ground level. The new facility also has ten recharging points for drivers of electric vehicles thanks to the Monaco
It is the newest addition to the Principality's generous parking facilities, with over 40 car parks and nearly 15,500 parking spaces across the country. To view a map of these car parks, see which are busiest and when, and to get forecasts of available spaces within the hour for each car park, use the Monaco Parkings interactive map available here. For details of prices, click here.
©Direction de la Communication - Stéphane Danna, Michael Alesi